FLIR Lepton is a revolutionary longwave infrared (LWIR) imager that is ten times less expensive than traditional thermal cameras.
With a resolution of 160 × 120 active pixels in a camera core that is smaller than a dime, Lepton is bringing thermal imaging to a new generation of electronic devices for work, play, and mission-critical applications.
Lepton contains a breakthrough lens fabricated in wafer form, along with a microbolometer focal plane array (FPA) and advanced thermal image processing. It creates even sharper images when combined with FLIR’s patented Multi-Spectral Imaging (MSX®) technology, which extracts detail from a visible light camera and embosses it on the thermal image created by Lepton.
Why choose Lepton?
- World’s Smallest Thermal Imager – Compact thermal imaging for mobile and stationary electronics
- Enhanced IR sensor – Greater heat detection than common thermopile arrays
- Easy Integration – Simplified R & D of emerging thermal-enabled devices
More information on Flir websites: http://www.flir.com/cores/content/?id=66257
- Safety & Security – See people lurking around in the dark at your home or business.
- Automotive – Detect living beings in a car to prevent children or animals from being left in hot cars.
- Micro and Nano UAV/UGV platforms – Lepton® makes even smaller UAV/UAG platforms possible.
- Home Repair & Energy Efficiency – Find hidden air leaks, missing insulation, and water damage.
- Building Automation & Presence Detection – Use Lepton® as a sensor to operate doors or activate HVAC systems automatically.